Latest Blog News

Latest Blog News:

Activity for this blog has been moved to facebook. Go to this open group to follow.

Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2016

Match report: Slow-starting Eagles blow away feisty Bombers

Match report: Slow-starting Eagles blow away feisty Bombers

Alex Malcolm June 30, 2016 10:40 PM

WEST Coast has delivered a comfortable 78-point win over wooden-spoon favourites Essendon to remain in contention for the top-four. But on a night when the club celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the 2006 flag, the 2016 Eagles produced a performance that still leaves questions about their own premiership credentials.
Only troubled Brownlow medallist Ben Cousins and premiership defender Brett Jones were absent on the night when the premiership team was honoured pre-game.
Five talking points: West Coast v Essendon
They then watched the current Eagles give up a quarter-time lead to the Bombers before blowing their inexperienced opponents away with a nine-goal-to-two final term, to win 20.10 (130) to 7.10 (52).
"We were off in the first quarter, but I thought Essendon were on," Eagles coach Adam Simpson said post-match. "It was the clearances mainly for us – I think it was 4-14 at one stage.
"But I thought the intensity was leaning Essendon's way. We worked our way through it, and the second half I was pretty pleased."
Weiterlesen ...

Quelle: West Coast Eagles Vs Essendon - Match Centre - AFL.com.au

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Comments are moderated and will only be published after the approval by the admin.

Kommentare werden moderiert und sind erst nach der Freischaltung durch den Admin sichtbar.